• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

north bridge temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
atm i am at 3.5Ghz with my p4 2.8c, this is with 1.62vcore colling with stock hsf.
now when i increase the fsb it becomes unstable even with more vcore, now when i touched my north bridge it was quite hot, i mean if it was just abit hotter it would be painful to touch.
so what i would like to know is, should i put better cooling on the bridge? is this what could be stopping my increase in fsb?
oh any my temps are 36oC sitting and 46oC load(roughly)

1 other question while i am asking, i have ocz gold 3700 2x256mb well i have it running at 2-3-2-6 and that is 266(is that the best, setting?) with 2.85vdimm, i can not get the 3 to go down to 2 nor the 6 to 5?
so what i am thinking about is getting this new mushkin 3500 lvl2 ram 2x256mb, will this help me out at all?
or is the ocz gold i got atm fine?

thanks ;)

Last edited:
i am looking for a nb heatsink but i can not find 1 that will fit the asus p4c800?
does any 1 know which 1's are good?

Back