• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when gaming??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Close it or don't. The impact it will have is on the amount of free ram you have. F@H uses between 12mb and 20mb typically.

don't use the graphical client .. I used it last week (beta 4) and it brought my need for speed underground back to desktop every other time .. it was annoying .. but with the Wedo's service install, such things don't happen .. so the console version DOES not interfere with my gaming at all, but the graphic one does ..

Fold on

the service install, on top of being less intrusive to games and such, was also made to install fast so it would be easy to install on alot of machines. in my opinion the service install is the best way to install FAH.

The service install was made by folding users, not by Stanford University. It is a 3rd party contribution to the folding@home project.

WTF?!! just switched it and then shutdown to see if ti would save my progress and guess what....it didnt.
was at 22/400, reboot and it shows 0/400
great i cant leave this on 24/7 so im buggered. :mad: :mad: :mad:

ew, don't know. usually it saves after every frame. are you overclocked? maybe you're not stable and the machine crashes during shutdown. i've had that happen.

Give it a few minutes to get running. I have the same version as you and it takes it a few minutes to start back up and figure out where it left off. I have shut down a few times lately, and it always picks back up where it left off.

So were all your questions answered? Did you switch to the One-Click?

As far as gaming, I leave FAH running 24/7 wheterh I'm gaming or not. I have no problem fragging with folding running while playing BF1942 (mostly DC now though) online.

Furthermore, this is why people like myself run duallies as our main rigs. I can run two instances of FAH, listen to music, burn a CD, AND game all at the same time. :D

Wedo

diddydo75 said:
WTF?!! just switched it and then shutdown to see if ti would save my progress and guess what....it didnt.
was at 22/400, reboot and it shows 0/400
great i cant leave this on 24/7 so im buggered. :mad: :mad: :mad:

change the update frequency to 3mins instead of the default of 15, so it'd save your work every 3 mins .. :) that way you won't lose many points everytime you restart :D

this "one click" isnt realy that "one click" is it!
tried setting it up but it only goes so far then it seems to stop? there is nothing to show that it is doing anything in the background.
is it supposed to use dos at the beginning?
when it says one click thats what i was expecting
btw im not overclocked at the moment so i should be stable right?

Back