• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cruel cruel joke

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimstandard

so the other day i see a nice wrapped box appear under my christmas tree, i walk over and pick it up to get an idea of what it weighs, pretty heave, and the box is about 2.5 feet on each side, so i think, just as any nerd would NEW MONITOR so for the rest of the day i am extremely excited, because i wouldnt think to ask for a monitor but i really wouldnt mind one, then i cant bear it any longer i have to see which kind it is, so i just like any curious kid take my trusty exacto knife and slowly cut through the layers of tape on one side with the precision of a surgeon, anxious to find out the specs i look to see that it is a turkey frying kit, ouch, no monitor in there i had to go hide under the bed and cry i was so sad :(

Or maybe they just put it in that box because they knew what a deceitful prick you are! haha, just kidding, I have a hard time believing anyone actually gets a turkey kit for Christmas, though, don't you?

They are probably like me...I know my daughter will try to sneak a peak...so I put her gifts in different boxes...this way I get to see her suprised look on christmas morning instead of the...I knew I was getting this look...

no i fry turkeys for the family but with some other people at their house with their equipment so it doesnt surprise me but i am getting an dell axim x3i

please tell me you havnt ordered the dell yet.

they may work fine but for the same price or only slighly more you can build a much better system. and if anything fails your going to have a insanely hard time fixing it.

~RCTG

no the Axim series are hand held computers, im gonna use it for school, i researched it and decided its exactly what i want, im not going to by a computer from dell

you could imagine my surprise when I unwrapped a nice new....microwave cart?!! :eek: (Inside was a NIIICE 122 piece Craftstman Toolkit however, :D)

my best friend likes to shake his presents to figure out what's in them so last year his mom left room at the top of his gift and put plastic forks in there to make it sound fragile.

the best part was when he pulled out the forks and his mom asked if he liked his presents. it was great. i was a little mad however because i had really been wanting plastic forks for christmas.

: ) :

I trick all my friends with dumb tricks, like giving them literally "cold hard cash", or a couple of bills in the middle of a block of ice.

wrapping a small gift in 7 boxes, each just a little bigger until the last one is about 3 feet square is fun too.

open the first, to find a smaller wrapped box and so on till they get down to a box that has something small like a watch.

Heh, that cold hard cash idea is great... Best I've ever seen though was an entire roll's worth of duct tape around a cardboard box, inside the box have a rock. After the person realizes that the present is a rock, give them the card with money/giftcard inside. Never fails to entertain for a good 10 minutes ^__^

...did you ever open it?! what was inside? monitor or turkey thingy?!

Back