• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to reinstall XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

I know this has been posted somewhere else and i couldn't find that article in my comp so I need help abt it. Most of the time I faced into problems like needing to reinstall the o/s due to various problems. In win98 reinstaling is a very easy process, but in windows 2k and xp it seems to be difficult ot me cause reinstall option is not to be seen. Only option is recovery console that is not very friendly to me. SO can anyone show me a method or url to do that thing?

Are you looking to completly reformat and reinstall? If so its a pretty easy thing to do, just put the CD-rom drive ahead of the HD in the boot order, put the disk in the drive and boot. You will need to destroy your existing partition and create a new one and then you will be on your way :D

insert XP disc into drive->reboot->boot from CD->continue installation after it detects XP already installed (esc i think)->f8->choose partition of previous XP install and delete it-> create new partition->format->continue XP install on the newly formatted partition

Not that I need

Hey guys not to do a clean installation just do overlap of the current installtion without deleting the files in there. Assume that your few bootup files and you need to get the data also without destroying anything, then you'd doa reinstall or overlap (i may dare to say) So how can I do that in those 2 os's?
Hope you'l duys get it this time and sorry if i made a wrong picture abt my question earlier.:D

After you boot from the CD let it run like normal, when you get to the last screen that showes your hard drive click on the windows install that is listed then you will be asked if you would like to repair that windows install press R and you are off and running.

Back