• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

benq or acer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
i am about to buy an lcd and i have narrowed my search down to these two monitors the benq fp767 and the acer AL1721M.
now the benq has a higher contrast 500:1 other the acer which has 450:1, they are both 16ms responce time, they are roughly the same price but the benq only has analog input where as the acer has DVI and analog inputs.

so which lcd do u think i should go for, because i am stuck :p

thanks

oh yeah the specifications are found at these links

Benq Fp767

i can not find a link for the acer specification so here is all i found:
Display Size 17"

Resolution 1280 x 1024
Panel Technology TN+FLIM
Brightness 260 cd/m2
Colour 16.7M
Pixel Pitch 0.264mm
Pixel Clock 135 MHz
Contrast Ratio 450:1
Response Time 16ms
Horizontal Frequency 32~80KHZ
Vertical Frequency 50~75HZ
Horizontal Viewing Angle 140°
Vertical Viewing Angle 140°
Backlight 4 Lamps
Video Signal Analog (D-sub), DVI-D,
Video Mode Support VGA , SVGA , XGA, SXGA, VESA, NEC, APPLE
Internal Speakers Yes, 1W x 2

I may be mistaken.. but I believe BenQ is the new name that Acer took on. So if I'd choose one of those, I'd go with the BenQ, since it's likely the most current. But if DVI is that important to you, I can see why you'd go for the Acer instead.

Hmm.. this is likely the least helpful post ever. Heh, sorry - I tried. At least I'll bump ya.

lol thx anyway
well i went for the benq fp767, hope it is nice
arrives on monday so just in time for christmas ;)

i have the benq and love it, as alot of people on this forum do. For the price its a great monitor. You should be happy with it.

They are the same company now. You can still buy a new Acer. Love my BenQ. Could not tell you the difference between analog and digital as I have only had dig.

Back