• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help I Have A Compaq!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Polygon King

Hi guys im new here.
I have a Compaq Presario S3380AN.
It has an Intel 845G Chipset and the CPU is 2.53Mhz with an
FSB of 533Mhz.
I know i cant overclocking via the BIOS because compaq took the precaution of leaving out the advanced features which is bad for serious compaq owners who want to squeeze all that their PC's can give them but good for commoners.
I was wondering if there was anyway of overclocking my CPU and if so what would be the limit for the increase if i say that the CPU has 2 fans.

Thanks

Two fans on the CPU won't increase the airflow to it unless if they are special fans...*gets lost cause he's tired*..

those arn't too great overclockers...with good RAM, maybe 3ghz? I wouldnt expect more than that..probably less though.

the motherboards they put into computers made for companies like HP and Dell are horrible. If you overclock, then you are no buying their new stuff, which makes them lose money.

To answer your question, you might be able to OC. If you can not in the BIOS (increasing the FSB), then you might try a program like "SoftFSB" I think its called. People will correct me on this.

Make sure that your temps don't get too high though. Motherboard Monitor 5 is what most people use here to monitor their temps.

Good Luck..and of course..

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :)

HAHA, I was thinking about putting that Gnufsh was going to respond and correct me, but I didn't...lol

you guys said the same thing with my Via P4266 mobo and P4 1.5 willy

I got it to a whole 1.68 stable ghz!!!! lol

Doesn't do much good though..it can have the settings, and won't do what it is told..lol

Back