• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hope this isn't sacreligous but how do I un-oc my cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djohn3853

I want to see if my slight oc is the cause of frequent ctd I'm experiencing with Morrowind-Bloodmoon. My multi is on 11.5 and the fsb is 166. My speed according to SiSandra is 1.91 Ghz. What would the "out of the box" settings have been?

OK, I've tried this twice. When I change multi to 13.5 and fsb to 133 I get 732 Mhz according to both wpcuid and SiSandra. ????

I think you should just relax memory timings and run 166x11.
733/133= x5.5. 13.5-8 = 5.5.
Somehow your x8 bit is set LO, meaning u only can get lower range multipliers which is x5-x12.5. w/o modding you can't go to the high range of multipliers. the mod is a simple wire trick, but why do it if you can exploit ur NF2 chipset a bit better and run 166MHz FSB.
you will still run stock speeds just with a better system perofrmance due to higher FSB. Also if you have a TbredA, then running 11.5x166 could cause instabilities as 1.9ghz is a 100MHz OC and these chips suck for OC. maybe the chip or the memory needs more voltage.

One more thing you could try, is go to the BIOS, and select the default speed it lets you pick. between Manual and a "certain speed".

The Coolest said:
I think you should just relax memory timings and run 166x11.
733/133= x5.5. 13.5-8 = 5.5.
Somehow your x8 bit is set LO, meaning u only can get lower range multipliers which is x5-x12.5. w/o modding you can't go to the high range of multipliers. the mod is a simple wire trick, but why do it if you can exploit ur NF2 chipset a bit better and run 166MHz FSB.
you will still run stock speeds just with a better system perofrmance due to higher FSB. Also if you have a TbredA, then running 11.5x166 could cause instabilities as 1.9ghz is a 100MHz OC and these chips suck for OC. maybe the chip or the memory needs more voltage.

One more thing you could try, is go to the BIOS, and select the default speed it lets you pick. between Manual and a "certain speed".

Thats why I didn't say to do 13.5*133 :p I just suggested it offhand cuz I wasn't sure if he would run into this problem :p

Back