• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max payne 2 is too short !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

Great game, but it's just too short .... I mean, I finished it in one day (about 10 hours, something like that) ... without walkthroughs or anything ... Sure, the additional modes add something, but they,re not a new story. Anyways, the game is great and fun, but there's just not enough of it ...

They do that on purpose I think to get you all drooly for the MP3 announcment :p

Its basicly Rockstars fault. They wanted it to ship before the other big "hits", like Doom 3, so they could get more publicity.´
Hopefully Remedy will make MP3.

P.S. I was just at a Game Gallery, where they had Max Payne's original suit, which is from one of the Remedy workers :D

If they had decided to make it longer, it wouldn't even be out yet. MP2 hit stores exactly when promised. No delays at all. Besides ten hours is not really that short.

GOD Macktruck said:
Did you have fun? that's all that matters.

I also finished it in about 10 hours and loved every second of it so no loss here

: ) :

Paying 50 bucks for 10 hours also matters, though.

But wasn't MP1 reallly short, too? I mean I remember finishing it in something like 10 hours. I think it's just that kind of game. I was pretty disappointed in the game play of other recent releases, like Call of Duty (got a couple of weeks out of it, but wasn't gaming heavily), and Neverwinter Nights.

NWN was a REAL disappointment in my opinion. The singleplayer lacks all of the richness that was present in Baldur's Gate I or II. The first expansion was OK, but it was short. Now they've got a second expansion. Interesting that NWN + 2 expansion sets is shorter than Baldur's Gate I. :banghead:

Yeah, you should have rented the game. You could have finished it in a day and then returned it. I have done that before with some other games. Certainly cuts down the price.

I have heard that the game is really short but REALLY awesome. I haven't played it yet but I think I'm going to rent it sometime.

cursor said:
But wasn't MP1 reallly short, too? I mean I remember finishing it in something like 10 hours. I think it's just that kind of game. I was pretty disappointed in the game play of other recent releases, like Call of Duty (got a couple of weeks out of it, but wasn't gaming heavily), and Neverwinter Nights.

NWN was a REAL disappointment in my opinion. The singleplayer lacks all of the richness that was present in Baldur's Gate I or II. The first expansion was OK, but it was short. Now they've got a second expansion. Interesting that NWN + 2 expansion sets is shorter than Baldur's Gate I. :banghead:

You need to check out the neverwinter vault, cursor. Player-made mods and multiplayer is where NWN really shines and what it was built for. NWN's SP modules that it ships with are really only supposed to be examples of what the engine can do. It's basically PnP 3rd edition d20 on the computer, it's up to *you*, (or others) to create your own content. As such NWN is an amazing game.

Are you happy with the game?
"$ can't buy happiness"
:p

If you're happy, the $50 is nothing.

I'm happy with it. :)
I also finished it around 10 hours.
(but split that into 3 days)

It was a bit shorter than I liked. GREAT game though! I'll prolly play through it again. It's worth a second time around imo. :)

i played it 4 times thogh and loved every minute, short games dont bother me as long as they are well done like mp2 and CoD, i just cant wait for the 3rd one. I mean its better than NFSU that is soooo long and sooooo boring............

amazon10x said:
Yeah, you should have rented the game. You could have finished it in a day and then returned it. I have done that before with some other games. Certainly cuts down the price.

I have heard that the game is really short but REALLY awesome. I haven't played it yet but I think I'm going to rent it sometime.

Donno if it's different where you live, but around here we can't rent games for computer ...

I agree that a short game can be a bit easier to bear if it is really good, but when you are talking about the single player game, it really stinks when it is short, even if it is an excellent game. All you have to do is compare them to the greats like Half Life or Thief / Thief 2, Tomb Raider, and in another genre games like Civilization and Panzer General. With those games you not only got enjoyment out of the game, but you got a LOT of enjoyment out of the game.

I haven't seen PC games for rent either. People would just go rent them and copy the whole cds on HDD instead of buy them.

I just got Max Payne 2 last week. I am still playing it though.. i have no clue how much is left. I think i am on chapter III part 7 or something like that. It's a really good game.

I think we are starting to see the limit of games comming on CD ROMS. I'd imagine that they are going to start putting them out on DVD ( considering you can get a dvd reader for about $35) It's alot cheaper for them rather then putting a game on 4-5 CD's.
$.02
Rob

I just finished it.. i wasn't expecting it to end so soon. It only took like 5 hours to beat. This game should be cheaper because of it's shortness.. it should be at most 40 instead of 50.

Hey guys. I just bought the game last week at Wal-Mart for only $40. Already completed it. Took me a little longer with my work schedule and all, but I thought it was pretty good all in all. I think the way you can interact with just about anything in the game is cool and also the mini TV episodes all around the place. I'd give it like a 8.5/10.

Back