• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vapochill XE with Asus IC7-G MAX3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

vapochill XE with Abit IC7-G MAX3?

A friend of mine got a vapochill XE with an IC7-G MAX7 motherboard which is the same board I have and for some reason he says when you push the power button on the case the whole system turns on right away with it. He said its a problem with just the max3 board and there's some workaround by splicing some wires to mod it. He didnt really have time to explain it so im wondering if anyone knows what he is talking about and if i should be worried because my vapochill XE should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't know the answer to your question

Second, I also ordered an IC7 MAX3

Third, You got me worried cause I might have the same problem.

Fourth, now instead of excitement, I'm having anxiety.

I hear he always has to jump into the bios for about a minute and a half to allow the evaporator to cool down. I'm hoping its an easy fix because i really dont want to have to go into the bios all the time when i turn my system on...that will get real annoying.

Theres an article over on XS about the problems with the vapoxe and ic7 mobos. You gotta do a quick little mod thats pretty simple to make it work. I have an ic7-g maxII and a vapo xe and its been working fine for me.

eliteoneXP have you tried the Asetek forums. It says its hit or miss for MAX3 owners. There is a simple wire mod you can do if necessary. Do a search on there forums and you can find it. If i wasn't so lazy i'd post a link.

I too have the MAX3 and my Vapo PE should arrive by Jan2. Once i get it setup i'll post my results.

eliteoneXP - I Have my VapoPE up and running. It booted 1st time without any problems. If your 4 pin is connected..simply disconnect it. Connect the 20pin to the CC....any other questions just ask.

Back