• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ai7-DOA question/poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipster

I'll be getting the Ai7 and was wondering which vendor might have the "better" board. ZZF or NE? What do all think, I saw a thread that had mentioned the DOA"s had a broken or chafed wire on one of the circuits causing DOA"s? Don't know if that was true but I have seen alot of reports of DOA"s mostly from newegg as I recall.Also, is there any boot problems with any particuliar memory install? I believe I had read something to this effect (forget the thread?) Thanks Bill

I got this board from a local vendor and its been great for me. It worked fine when i installed it, and i havent had any memory problems with it. I do not know what you mean by the better board, since i believe there is only one revision so far. If you are concerened about DOA's from those two companies, then all i can say is that it was probably just some fluke that it was a DOA, and that it is not based on that someone had a good board or not. ( you could try to get better shipping, maybe it was because they mishandeled the board? )
Ive read of a few people having trouble with memory, but i also believe those are isolated incidents, considering that many people have had great outcomes with this board. Take me for example, im usign stock cooling, and without any effort have gotten my chip to 3.0 GHz. Id say that a 600MHz is a decent overclock, and when i do try to get it higher, im sure it could do closer to 3.4 - 3.5.
Enjoy the board:D

raven

Had plethora of post problems and IRQ, Page fault, stack dump blue screens with AI7 purchased from NE, with mushkin ram. Eventually RMA'd.

Back