• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about building a computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

broktusk

Registered
I am wanting to build me a computer but i have a slight problem finding a mother board that will fit the case i want. I need a mother board that looks like this http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...08-04.JPG/13-170-008-01.JPG/13-170-008-02.JPG but almost all the mother boards i have seen look like this http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?style=album
some1 help me plz

edit: oh and btw ever motherboard i find that will fit the case are some brand i have never heard or seen before or they are not what i need.

What form factor is the case that you are looking at? As JimmyG said, an ATX form factor case with fit any ATX motherboard.

FYI that second link that you provided does not work, so we cannot see the other kind of motherboard you are talking about

I cannot tell from the link, what model of motherboard is that? What form factor is it? If the cases you are looking at are ATX cases, then the vast majority of the motherboards out there will fit(just make sure you get an atx motherboard)

all the mother boards i look at are atx mother boards but most of them will not fit the case i am looking at.

Perhaps you can link to the case and the motherboards both so we can see what you mean? if they are on newegg link to the actual parts, not the pictures, so that we can see the descriptions ;)

I looked closer at the pictures you provided and they are both ATX form factor motherboards. Unless the cases you are looking at are not truley ATX form factors then both of those motherboards would fit.

I am wondering if you are maybe worried that the back panel connectors do not match the plate on your motherboard? If thats the case then there is no reason to worry, that plate on the case should pop right off and the motherboard you buy should come with another one that fits in its place (the one that you linked to comes with the plate, you can see it in the third picture)

That case is a standard ATX case, it will certainly fit both of the 2 motherboards you linked to (it will fit every atx motherboard I have ever seen).

Deathknight said:
I looked closer at the pictures you provided and they are both ATX form factor motherboards. Unless the cases you are looking at are not truley ATX form factors then both of those motherboards would fit.

I am wondering if you are maybe worried that the back panel connectors do not match the plate on your motherboard? If thats the case then there is no reason to worry, that plate on the case should pop right off and the motherboard you buy should come with another one that fits in its place (the one that you linked to comes with the plate, you can see it in the third picture)
well what you just explained was the answer i was needing and could you post some sites that sell stuff just like newegg.com does and thanx for the help

I think you were just confused because the pictures look like different sizes. They were actually the same size, just the picture was stretched is all.

Back