• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Occasional Connection Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

About every hour or so, a little window pops up in the bot right corner of the screen that says "Cable Disconnected" for about 5 secs, then goes back to normal. This has been going on for awhile. All of the connections are securely plugged into their respective outlets as well. What might be the problem here?

same problem here. mine sometimes goes crazy and disconnects and reconnects every few seconds. This seemed to be caused by heat of the NIC from the high PCI/AGP frequencies from overclocking. Try to see if you have the same prob when youre not overclocked.

What ISP are you using? When a computer renews its IP it will disconnect and reconnect. I know my Comcast cable does that sometimes frequently.

Does it do it randomly, or at specific intervals?

Is it only while you are around? Have you tried using another cable?

I have a NIC that does this, I just disabled it from noticing the missing media:
Right click My Computer/Properties.
Hardware Tab/ Device Manager
Network Adapters/ Yours / Right click / Properties
Advanced Tab
"No Cable Indication" = Disabled

Not all NICs can do this though, but my D-Link can.

Back