• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick connects

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Absolute Zero

i need a system that is EXTREMELY mobile, but i have an evaporative cooling tower. thus, i have a few questions about quick connects...

how much do they impede flow?

do they have ones that don't allow water flow unless connected (like air hoses)?

where can i get them?

oh, since my rig is external, i would put an input and output on the back side of the case, that'd be it.

what your looking for are the colder connector things, they are restrictive, as to how much, I am not sure, I guess its restrictive for nikhsub1 to return his;)

Jon

I have some selfsealing quickdisconnect fittings. They have spring-loaded valves which open when pressed on. From the looks of it, they look very restrictive. (I only use them to top off T-Lines)

Instead of quick connects, you could use 3/8" NPT (1/2" ID) Full Port Ball Valves (or something like that) to make a cutoff kinda setup. I'm seeing three valves...

---BONG---
|............|
X...........X
|............|
T---X---T
|............|
|............|

Might be a bit confusing - first off, ignore the periods. The X's are the valves, and the T's are T connectors. Shutting off the top two valves and turning on the third would seal off the bong and divert the flow through the rest of your system. When the bong is connected then you can close the third valve and open the other two.

Back