• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help finding low $ 9500/9700/9800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

I fried my softmod 9500 and fell back on an old 4200. Well I sold that planning to get a $140 9500 from allstarshop (softmoddable) -htna soon as I go to get one, they jump to $169! now they are at $179! how can they justify this? they sell 9700np's for like $185.....that is basically the same thing - are they saying the softmod is worth like $5? anyway - I have scoured everywhere, and since I am wary of ebay, the best I have found is like $220 on newegg for a powercolor 9700 pro. Is there anywhere that still has the softmod 9800 -> pro with 256bit ddr? I would prefer to spend in the $150 range, but can stomach about $200. Seems right now like my only chance is to hover round the newegg refurb'd, but that could take weeks and I have no vid card in the interim. d'oh!

Back