• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few newb questions regarding Vapor cooling misc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amair_sc

Hello everyone!

I just got my Mach II unit delivered to my door and although instruction manual is very complete I have a few questions concerning certain details. Here they are:

1. Dialectric grease (not sure about spelling on that one)? I keep seeing comments by users on this, I assume it is used to protect the cpu pins from decay? Anyways, do I need it to set up my sustem or is it just gravy?

2. Thermal compound: can I use Arctic Silver 3? I was just wondering if good ol AS3 will work at subzero temperatures or do I want some kind of epoxy like Arctic Alumina?

Thanks a lot for your help :D !

dialectric grease is used to keep condensation from forming on metal contacts. its a really good idea to use all inside the processor socket.

as far as the thermal compound goes, i believe that arctic silver 3 will be fine,

You do not, I repeat DO NOT want to use any kind of epoxy!

The grease is used more in Vapo's. You can use it with a Mach II if you'd like, but its not needed.

i would, its always good to have the extra security at lower temps. its not expensive, and its pretty easy. of course, if its not in the instructions, you probably dont need to do it.

Thanks a lot guys!

The unit is up and running, I cant believe how simple settings this thing up was!!!

*starts benching*

Thanks a lot :) !

Back