• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sick Of Bad Ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IrelandMadMan

Merry Christmas yaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Anyway, a while back i got 2x512mb of twinmos pc3200 that caused my system to reboot and caused crashes and all that . They turned out to be faulty , i tested them on a few systems with the same results and bla bla bla. From the start i had a bad feeling cause they were sent to me in crap packaging. So i sent them back and waited about 2 weeks on my RMA request and explained to them to try sending the replacements in better packaging.
So i got the 2 new ones today and guess what??? they r still faulty and packed the same way!

Someone please tell me that im not the only 1 that has s**t like this that happens to them? it will make my Christmas knowing im not alone.
Im away now to get drunk!!

C yas :eek:

Merry X-mas!!! :D

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Where did you order them from? I got mine from MemoryX.net. They packaged them very well and they're the best pair of modules I've had in my system. I tried Twinmos PC3200 (ch-5), Buffalo PC3700 (bh-5), Corsair XMS 3200C2 v2.2 and v1.2 and Mushkin Lvl II PC3500. My Twinmos PC3700 works the best on my board. My timings are at 2-3-2-6 at 260 fsb with a 5:4 divider (ddr417) but they can run at about 240fsb 1:1 w/the same timings.

-Bobby

First of all i must give my respect to the 3-series in your pic :) I had a 2.8 for a while that didnt like wet weather :)
Anyway cars mmmm , i wish i new as much about computers as i do about motors but sure!

I got the twinmos from ebuyer.co.uk, there doesnt seem to be anywhere cheaper on the net, but from now on i think i will pay the extra for somewhere that cares. I will just get a refund this time then shop around.
Im was runnin the twinmos on a lanparty nf2 board, maybe its not compatible? i dunno, but it was havin the same probs on other systems.

Cheers for the reply and goodluck
Merry xmas to yas all

Thanks :D. That's my M3. I've had it for 5 yrs and it still gives me a smile every time I drive it.

Try http://www.memoryx.net/ (look under "Generic Computer Memory" and scroll all the way down). They ship overseas and they have great customer service. That's where I bought my Twinmos PC3700.

-Bobby

I understand how you feel,my Corsair sucks for some reason or another,but I have grown to love my TwinMos 3200,even with the Twinmos chips(NOT WINBOND) it runs flawless,I am very happy with it.
This is the third stick of bad Corsair all from RMAs .

Back