• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.ogm's are driving me insane

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{BC}Helix

alright, i've been trying to get a movie thats in .ogm format to play and i've just about had it. i've look at sevral guides and download every single ogg driver i can find. I accually got the video to play on mplayer2!, but without sound. I have ffdshow, Xvid, whats his name's ogg drivers, and a bunch of other codecs to try to get it to work and i can't seem to do it. i even tried that core media player and that didn't even play video, just shouted a errer message at me. if worst comes to worst, i might just re-encode it as Divx or SVCD or something. can anybody help?

I just used my first OGM a few days ago, so I might be able to help :)

I used this guide to get me set up. Basically, it has you download the Xvid codec (which you have), the OGG directshow filter from here, a subtitle filter from here, and DirectVobSub from here.

Once everything is installed, the OGMs should play on pretty much any player. I've used WMP8 and DivX Player, and it runs fine on both. The guide itself was pretty useless to me, but just downloading and installing the programs he listed was enough to get it working.

JigPu

that guide that you linked to was the first one i looked at. but I "couldn't find a suitable player" to play it on to begin with. i reinstalled all the codecs as well, and now i can't even play just the video.

Well that sucks :)

1) What program(s) are you trying?
2) What errors does it(they) give, or does it just play nothingness when you open the file?
3) Do the icons show up in the tray (if only 1, which?)
4) Have you tried redownloading the OGM?

JigPu

- BSplayer, Mplayer2, WMP9, zoomplayer, Divx, coreplayer.
- the general "cannot play file" message
- both of them show up
- it's a movie of which i got off bit torrent and it's 1.4 gigs. and i don't want to re-download a 1.4 gig file.

I can think of two possibilities right now. First, the file is corrupt and that's why everything is complaining. Second, the file is still being used by your BitTorrent client, and they're complaining cuz it's in use (though DivX shouldn't complain in this case....)

Since 1.4GB is an awefully huge file, try downloading one or two other (smaller) OGMs. If neither of them work, I'm out of ideas unfortunatly :(

JigPu

well i guess you were right, the file is corrupt. i downloaded another .ogm file and it played perfectly in everything i tried. so i guess it's off to try and D/L the 1.4Gb file again to see if i can get it uncorrupted. thanks for the help

Back