• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4c800-E deluxe startup problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stacka

Registered
Ive run across a problem with putting my new computer together.
After hooking it all up in what I think is the right order, I get the message when I start it up and hit delete, which should take me to BIOS.

Scanning for IDE drives.....

"No drive attached to fast track controllers, this BIOS is not installed"

Can anyone help me with this?

Hmmmmm, is that the ide connected to the promise controller? I think it is. When I first got my board I ran raid 0 and that was the controller it connected to I believe. Try installing your hard drives to ide 1. If they are connected to ide 1 then you need to disable "RAID" in your bios.

is that the ide connected to the promise controller
I turned mine off cause i have one Sata drive and one IDE drive, theres another setting to change what drive you want to have start up to. hope it helps

You need to hit the "Delete" key repeatedly right after you reboot or power up and you see your triple green lights flash on your keyboard. Once the "Num Lock" light illuminates steady you will not be able to get into the bios unless you do the 3 finger salute.. And, you know this is an AMI bios so you know you won't enter the bios until the entire Post sequence has been completed...

Back