• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back panel stock fan grills

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sidekick™

Hi,
I'm new to the forums and excited about modding out my case. I'm new to modding as well so I think I should be asking questions before screwing things up.

The First thing I would love to do is cut the stock fan grills off from the back panel of the case. I have a 35,000 Rpm single speed dremel but I wouldn't know which accessories I would have to buy to make the cuts? The stock fan grill is just the basic metal circle with the tiny little holes that help with hardly any airflow.

Thanks for any responses I get,
Dave

35,000 rpm is INSANE u sure its that fast? u can use a cut off wheel with that... i have also used side cutters to cut off those grills

I don't know too much about the tool so I'm glad I have someone helping. :) But I got it for x-mas this year and on the front box it says 35,000 rpm single speed. Its the multipro 275-02.

Thanks

35,000rpm is correct, multispeed Dremels go even higher again ~45,000rpm. Just use your basic circular cut off wheel (you might need a few, they can break quite easily). Or, simpler again, use pinchers or "snippers" to cut off the grills and use the Dremel to tidy up.
;)

Back