• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how long should i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(v)estra

how long should i run mem test and prime 95 to check for stablilty i gave up on memtest after a little over an hour with 0 errors and have had prime running for abotu 2 hrs at this speed (ran for 6 earlier at this speed) im at 290fsb with a 5/4 divider boots fine at 300 fsb with a 3/2 have not tried a 5/4 gonna go try 300 and run mem test for another hr and prime for 2 more after that and if it runs at that thats where it will stay

i can :p thats what ive been doing for the last hr now hehe 290 is stable for 1hr( got tired of not being able to do anthting) with a 5/4 divider

i usually run it through 1 loop. then when i think im done i let it go overnight.

Technically it takes 32 loops to run all the possible mathmatical variations in memtest. I run it once or twice. For prime on a P4 system you should run 2 torture test instances at the same time Usually a couple of hours to overnight.

Back