• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake silent boost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

borg

Registered
I looked through older posts, and nobody is enthusiastic about this cooler. I'm making a configuration for my friend (barton 2500+,NF7,geforce 4 mx) that'll be used mostly for cpu non-intensive office tasks. It would be nice if I could up FSB to 200Mhz without any heating issues, but if not - no real harm done. Is silent boost the cooler of choice, because it's not loud, cheap, and a moderate performer? SLK/SK+generic fan combinations are not in my plan because they're a bit more expensive and probably not neccessary.
thx

from what I've read about the Silent Boost, it's a decent performer but my question for you is if the person's gonna be doing non cpu intensive office stuff...why overclock and have to deal with the heat increase and troubleshooting to ensure a stable overclock?

wondering that myself? why oc if you are doing un-cpu intensive tasks? and which silent boost are you talking about? cause sometimes you cna get an alk 900A for 19.99 at svc.

Is silent boost the cooler of choice, because it's not loud, cheap, and a moderate performer?

I have one and its ok, definately not silent but MUCH quieter than my Vantec Aeroflow or any heatsink I've ever owned. As far as cooling, the Vantec was better but WAY to noisy... The fan is running about 2600rpms compared to 5200 rpms on the Aeroflow.

about overclocking
My logic is: why not if it's so easy? I know that I can't aim at 2200Mhz (this was a bit hasty of me to say), but every speed increase is always welcome... vcore won't have to be increased until I pass 2Ghz, i'm 90% sure.
about cheap deals at USA/internet shops: this is not an option :(
ok I managed to form an opinion on them: quiet, moderate coolers. Just the thing that I wanted.
thx

Back