• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning CDs at 52x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

What programs allow you to burn at 52x? I have Nero 6 and it gives me a max of 48x. I have both a 52x burner and 52x rated cds.

Nero 6. But it will test the CDRs you put in to make sure they will work at 52x and if not, only give you the highest they will burn at. What brand 52x CDRs are they? If theyre cheap ones, thats your problem. Try using the CDR that came with the drive rated 52x.

is there a program that burns but doesnt check the speed of the disc... so that I could set it up and copy at 52x?

If the disc won't pass the speed check its for a reason... unless you like corrupted data ;)

are all the discs unable to burn at 52X? and what drive do you have?

btw i agree with JDXNC, if the software only lets it burn at 48X there is a reason

Not that it really matters, the drive is not going to realize either 48 or 52x in practice. Recent CD-RW drives are all CAV (constant angular velocity), meaning that they only can achieve 48x on the outermost tracks, but in practice generally do not reach that level. It's 52x max, which tranlates to less than 48x in reality.

Back