• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec and WC Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GM1010

I just recently got my whole water setup and now I'm looking for a case. I'll be using THIS radiator. What I was wondering was, if anyone has this Chieftec:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-125-263&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

will that radiator fit in front if I remove the second hard drive cage? The rad is about 7.25'' or 6'' on it's side, so if anyone has that chassis and either has the radiator or could just measure, OR just happens to know lol, I'd appreciate it..thanks.

I was using the same case style (Antec SX1040BII) and the same radiator and shroud. It fits fine once you remove the bottom hdd cage. I also cut out the front of the metal case to improve the airflow and did the same to the front of the plastic grill.

Ok that's what I wanted to hear. I plan on doing the same thing and cutting out the front. Thanks.

The clean way to get the rivets holding on the drive cage is to use a #6 drill bit and drill the heads of the rivets. Then the cage will pop right out.

I have the same Antec cage the other guy has and I'm running full watercooling. You can even pop out the front plastic piece and fit 2 80mm fans underneath it, then fit it back on. That's what I did so I have 2 80's pushing and 1 120 pulling and I get great temps.

Hmm, that's good to know, I'll have to try that. I'm assuming only 25mm fit and not 35?

Back