• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Line interference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mico

I am noticing a line interferance...at least I think it is. It's a fast paced beeping or a constant high-whine. Any ideas on what it is? It comes from speakers/headphones. I have the M7NCD pro, and am using the onboard sound.

It's because you're using onboard sound. That's the way it is. Buy a decent sound card, an Audigy, Fortisimmo, or Santa Cruz, and you won't have it. Onboard audio sucks, that's the way it is. I have an M7VKD (since I fried my AN35N Ultra) and it sucks with headphones too. But so did my AN35N Ultra, and the sound quality is SUPPOSED to be better on nForce2 mobos.

Moral of the story: don't use onboard audio.

I'm reinstalling my SB Live! card, despite it being a pain in the ***.

Oh, right, to answer your question, it's is line interference. It's caused by processor activity. Notice if you run programs or download things, it gets worse. More processor activity = more line noise.

Back