• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zaleman problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
Hey everyone

I just got a zalman cnps7000a-cu

the problem is that i dont have any mounting holes in my gigabit board

does anyone know if there is a conversion kit or a workaround?

you didn't mention what your cpu is but if it is amd your'e gonna need some holes but i think intel doesn't require any holes in the mobo. good luck

my bad i forget you all cant read minds

amd socket A

ga-7nr400 pro2

such a crock of @#$@# might i add

it says right on the box works for "all athon xp"

they did include a ton of stuff with this thing including new stuff for the amd 64 but i dont see why they dont have clips for the rigular socket "hooks"

anyone have a cnc macnine want to make me something?

Doesn't it say right on the packaging that the unit will only work with certain boards and to check their website for the list?

Crash893 said:
such a crock of @#$@# might i add

it says right on the box works for "all athon xp"

they did include a ton of stuff with this thing including new stuff for the amd 64 but i dont see why they dont have clips for the rigular socket "hooks"

anyone have a cnc macnine want to make me something?

yes, all athlon xp processors. not necessarily motherboards.

mjmnam said:

yes, all athlon xp processors. not necessarily motherboards.

i guess i assumed that if they ment all amd's they ment they would hook to the part that is standard between all of them witch would be the acutal socket

and just so you all know

as god as my witness I AM GOING TO USE THIS THING

it doesnt actually look that hard i just need to mount it with some screwes and have thouse tie into soemthing that hooks to the socket

Good luck with that project.

Be very careful...this HS weighs a ton...I'm afraid that it will really overstress the socket.

clocker2 said:
Good luck with that project.

Be very careful...this HS weighs a ton...I'm afraid that it will really overstress the socket.

your right on that

773grams

i dont think it will be a problem though i have a testing socket a motherboard ill put it threw the ringer with

well unless the two of you are going to buy me a new motherboard thats isnt going to happen in the forseeable future

Back