• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lets see some thermalright SP-94's in action

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ross2k

I'm currently using a Thermaltake volcano 7+ on my 1.6a @ 2.1 on my Abit IT7 max...guess what, the fan in the volcano7+ is fading fast. I'm thinking it's time to go big with the cpu cooling.

I'm considering either the sp-94 or the 947U, and I'd like to use this fan:

http://www.svc.com/92bluquadled.html

Or really any impressive 92mm fan, maybe an aluminum one or something.

Can anyone attest to the sp-94 being worth the extra 10 bucks? Also can anyone point me in the direction of some impressive 92mm fans? Also finally what about duct mods? Something to eliminate the dead zone, or even an 80-92mm adapter?

Ross,I've been running the SP-94 HS by Thermalright,since they came out.Its one high quality air cooling fixture.I currently run a Panaflo U1A 92mm HSF.Try to stay away from the cheaper lited fans.I ran a 92mm Enermax adjustable fan for a while.Changed it out for the Panaflo.The Panaflo FBA09A12U or U1A has 68.80CFM @ 3450rpm/ dBA 43.0.....This fan is hard to find if you decide you would like one I'll link you to it.I FOLD for TEAM 32 and my temps with SP-94 are usually around 32°-38° C....THE FANMAN:cool:

Fanman,

Thanks. I'll skip the lighted fan, I'll go with a panaflo unless I find anything else that looks cool and is quality. Do you mount the 92mm fan straight onto the hs? Any pictures?

Thanks again!

Back