• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-MAX3 High Temps!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gruvin2

Well installed my 3.0C on my new MAX3 MB and temps are waaayy UP. I used AS3. yes i know how much to use and such. (1/2 BB-grain of rice spead over core with plastic baggie)

I'm getting idle temps around 44c and when i try Prime95 or SETI it jumps to over 60c and quickly. Is it possible that the ABIT EQ has the CPU/PWN temps swapped?? my PWN temps are around 36c idle.....any help is greatly appreciated.

Your a little high. I'm running a Zalman 7000-cu w/AS5 and doing about 50-53c under load, fsb 225, 1.6v on cpu. Showing 3.38mhz/902fsb.

I'd redo it again ;)

What's your ambient temp, pwn is too high also, mines 32-33c, again under load and o/ced...........

Update-

I've put a 12" table fan directed at the CPU at full blast and still getting temps around 60c at Load..this is @ stock vcore/fsb. I have checked the HSF to make sure it was seated properly and all is in order. I'm stumped.

I'm just going to have to wait till i get the Vapo to crunch SETI i suppose.

I'm having the same issue. My Max 3 is running way to hot on idle( 41C-43C). I am running my 2.6c at 3.1 on 1.84V. Is this normal? The system is running at 21C and my PWM is at 29C. I'm confused. Also when I boot up my computer after a few hours of it being off it starts at 41c right off the bat. I find that wierd. Anyone have any suggestions? Could the readings be wrong?

rcastell - Welcome to the forums!!!

Vcore at 1.84v??? Hope you can afford new cpus every month.

Abit boards tend to report temps about 10°C high. Still sounds high. You're not supposed to spread AS3 (or ceramique or AS5). You put a dab (1/2 rice grain size) in the center of the cpu and then put the hsf on.

Here's the official instructions

-Bobby

If that 1.84v vcore wasn't a typo, I'd strongly recommend going down below 1.7v unless you have a water/extreme cooling solution. Look at crotale's sig. Although it's an older cpu, it died at 1.7v.

Good luck :)

-Bobby

Oops, I'm so new to this I did have it that high. I hope I didn't f*** anything up. I had it like that for about 2 days idle, or just web browsing. Changed it to cpu default 1.50. I'm still trying to learn all the numbers and what them mean. I'm a power user but on the OS side. What should a normal idle temp be for a overclocked 2.6c to 3.2? Also memory, I bought some Mushkin LV1 2-3-2, but I am having trouble overclocking these guys. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated, thanks.

You should read some of the links on this page.

Generally, you need to bump the vdimm to 2.85v or more to get your memory stable. You have to set your Ras to Cas to 3 for almost any 865/875 board (but there's a few guys that have it set to 2 and it works fine). After that, raise your vcore if your system is still unstable. Don't go higher than 1.7v on your vcore. If your system is still running after using 1.84v, chances are you didn't do any damage.

-Bobby

I currently have a stock hsf. I didn't add any to it, only the thermo pad that is on the hsf. Will adding as3 or as5 help any?

Back