• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think a Mag3 will push this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I was brainstorming a little about a new w/c setup and was wondering if this would work.

The setup would have two radiators (most likely a plain heatercore and a black ice pro), a chipset block, cpu block, and gpu block. The tubing would be 1/2" ID. Do you think a mag3 would power that properly or should I go for a mag5 or something completely different? I would rather stay with one pump versus two due to room so any suggestions would be great. This is just a plan I'm working with so anything is possible so drop any ideas you have.

Also the flow would be rad1 > cpu > rad2 > gpu > chipset > pump.

That could get pretty restrictive if you used it in series. What CPU block would you use?

You might be better off trying to run some of that in parallel...like CPU --> split to run rads and GPU/NB in parallel or something.

It should work, but it won't be a high-flow system. Pick your blocks so they work well at medium flow. The mag3 has the pressure to push a system like this.

Mag3 and Mag5 pressure performance is about the same. However, the mag5 dissipates more heat than the mag3.

Some peple have made hi flow chipset water blocks out of copper tubing and flat plate. But most over the counter chipset are hi res and 3/8 tubing barbs. you will have to think of this as will

Back