• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microphone questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxiKana

I need a new mic because mine utterly sucks.

I resently aquierd a bluetooth keyboard with the ability to connect other bluetooth devices to it. So im primarily looking for a good mic (headset mic thing is ok too) thats bluetooth.

I need to be able to use it while im playing and using my speakers withoutit creating an echo effect or getting any other background noises through... anyone got any ideas as to model or make?

MaxiKana, AFAIK there aren't any bluetooth microphones designed for computer usage. There are plenty of bluetooth heatsets for cell phones, but I can't say whether or not they would work when connected to a PC. Even if you could find one that worked, having to deal with batteries for the mic (or recharging it) would be more trouble than it's worth. That is unless you're using a cordless pair of headphones and want to complete the look :D

Ahh ok, so anyone know of a good normal mic then? i've got a labtec on and my friend can hear echos of the game... also he needs a new one because i can hear his fans.

Sorry, can't help ya there ;) I've got a cheap headset mic for a cordless phone modded to my headphones, so I never have any problems with echoes, fan noise, etc. At worst you'll have to buy a mic from a store with a good return policy, and see if it works, if it doesn't get another one. Hopefully someone here will reccomend one so you don't have to do that.

Back