• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win shows 130 instead of 200 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milos

Hi,

I did a cooling proj. and I had to clear the CMOS, and my date/time cleared too, so I had to reinstall the Windows - long story. Now my hard drive says 131GB, instead of 200GB, it says 63GB unalocated or something. Please let me know how I can get those 63GB back! Also, when I first set up my computer, I plugged it into SATA RAID 1, and I would like to move it back to RAID 1. Let me know how to do this. When I just plug it in there, it say "no hdd found". Pleaase help! Thanks.

Milos

Can you partition the rest of the drive? When you installed windows my have only partitioned so much of the drive and left the rest blank.

I am confused about your second question but I will try my best.
If you mean that you want to plug the drive into the first RAID port, it sounds like a BIOS issue. If you mean that you want to run it in RAID 1(2 drive mirror) then I belive you will have to re-install windows once again after you set up the array.

Good luck with your projects.

A lot of motherboards only allow Hard-Disk Drives up to 131GB, you need to make two separate partitions before installing Windows to be able to use the whole drive.

Craig

Back