• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung 192t vs 191t+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i2ripped123

Registered
Is there any difference between the panels used in these two monitors. From what Ive read they look almost the same except for the horizontal refresh rate. The 191t+ is capable of 85hz where as the 192 only goes up to 75hz.

They use the same exact panel. And you wouldn't want to turn refresh to anything other than 60hz on an lcd.

SnComet2 said:
They use the same exact panel. And you wouldn't want to turn refresh to anything other than 60hz on an lcd.

pardon my ignorance but could you pls explain to me why LCD's recommended refresh rate is 60Hz? thx

lcds don't refresh in the same sense as a crt. Either a pixel is on or off. It doesn't change until it has to change. So the refresh rate is just a number that makes it compatible with video cards. Setting it higher than 60hz on an lcd could result in a blurry image, and maybe damage.

Back