• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

know where to get Chieftec Cx series? preeeetty....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

seen em?
Chieftec's main site says tehy are out but i can't find one anywhere, or confirm my suspicion that teh cx is aluminum. In particular I like this one
CX-01B-SL-B.JPG

of course id have to do a bunch o work on the ugly window.

essentially the cheap and easy to find bx series looks the same with a slightly different from bezel (plastic has no felt covering)
BX-02B-SL-B.jpg

but I know the bx series is steel. I am not so concerned about teh heat and weight properties of steel as I am hte difficulty in modding the puppy. I want to do some SERIOUS modding to this thing and only have access to my 35,000 rpm dremel and a 20amp powerdrill with no attatchments at present. So I kind of need aluminum to be able to hack up the darn thing.

Can anyone say if the cx is aluminum and where I might find one? I have googled, froogled, price watched and grabbed, and visited tigerdirect, cheiftec's partner. Only bx ever turn up, no mention of cx found except on chieftec's site according to google.

yeah - I have found the bx a few places, inc newegg, but am looking for the cx on the thesis that it is aluminum. I suppose it might be possible to get an aluminum chieftec dragon and swap out the from ends, but its unlikely the mounting would match up, maybe not even the paint. It's the only server tower I like beyond a coolermaster and a lian li, both of which are too pricey. I expect the cx, if alum, to be about $100. just a guess based off bx pricing.

chieftec got back to me, and the CX is steel like the BX. In broken english they said they liked my idea of aluminum *rolls eyes*

I got one anyway - the BX pictured above. I like the look of the CX better sO I will toss teh plastic in front for a close approximaiton of hte felt covering the cx uses. Now off to the hardware store for some cutting attatchments and some metal.....

Back