• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system ideas.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

I've built my first system in my sig about a year ago, and am ready to venture into the p4 world of overclocking. I've gotten hired at bestbuys since then and have been raking in the cash since the holidays so ive got some spare change lying around that is rdy to be used for an upgrade. How does this sound?

Abit IC7-G Max-3 motherboard
either a 2.4/6/8 c processor (suggestions?)
512x2 Mushkin pc3500 lvl 2 ram
keeping 9700 pro (weak overclocker :( )
2x raptors
80 gig WD SE for storage
Audigy 2 ZS
SP-94 w/ 92mm panaflo fan
Super Lanboy antec case (2 120 mm fans)
Lite-on DVD-rom
411s lite-on DVD burner (nice christmas present :)

hows that sounding for a new computer guys? i want to overclock this beast but i need some ideas/suggestions. any feedback at all is welcome.

I have a similar setup, (AI7/2.4m0/(2)mushkin lvl II 512mb/SP-94) and it's running solidly @ 3.6 300fsb. Right now if you're planning on overclocking, the 2.4c m0 steppings is what you want to look for.

thatd be cool if i could get a 2.8c m0, but if not where are some good chacnes of getting a 2.4 m0 cuz 3.6...would be sweet...what are your thoughts on the max3? im consdiering the other abit boards, maybe even asus, but i like abit more...what are some good features on the ai7

Since you're working at bestbuy, why don't you just get the videocard and other stuff with yoru employee's discounts. My friend does that all the time.

i got my audigy 2 zs from ther efro 70, normally 99, (retail) and the 9800 pro BBA is like 270...i have a 9700 pro so its not actually worth it...and they dont sell anyhting esle cool.

Back