• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blkgti

Is anyone using any of the Mobile Barton's? Either the XP2400+ or XP2500+? Are they locked? They look pretty interesting seeing how they run at 1.25 Vcore.

People posted getting unlocked ones and they appear to be great overclockers in desktops.

felinusz said:
I'm actually pretty sure that they use a 1.4V Vcore voltage at stock speeds - not 1.25V. Here is an interesting (although far too brief, and not detailed enough) read on the subject:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=243505&highlight=Barton+2400

I plan on (perhaps) trying to get one of these from newegg in the new year.

I was going by Newegg's ad which cites 1.25V, but it very well may be 1.4V. I'll know for sure when I get it, as I just ordered one.

The best part about mobile processors... They are UNLOCKED!
They are also supposed to overclock very well. I think I'm about to order one.

Do they fit on a standard mobo for a normal 2500+??

What is the main difference, besides that its for a laptop?

The work just like a "normal" xp. They are normal XPs except they are specified to work at lower voltage, and they are unlocked.

MRip said:
The best part about mobile processors... They are UNLOCKED!
They are also supposed to overclock very well. I think I'm about to order one.

I just checked; it looks like Newegg is sold out of the Mobile 2500's. The still have the XP2400m, though. I'm hoping to receive mine before the weekend, and it might happen if they ship it today.

The only 1.25V mobile is the 1700+ XP-M and it's a T-bred A core. The 2400+ and 2500+ are 1.4V.

My 2400 XP-M is prime stable (pri 9) @ 2350MHz with 1.85 volts.

I have a 2400+ mobile on the way. Gonna be running it w/ a custom prommy direct die I am building.

may have to test it out with my current WC setup to see what it can do under h2o first. It's not necessarily the best indicator of what will happen when I plunge below ambient though, but if it can at least match the barton in my sig then I should be good to go. I love the chip in my sig, but GD amd had to go and lock the sucker so assuming my fsb is maxed any amount of cooling isn't going to nudge it any higher. I expect temps in single digits and maybe a couple degrees below 0c.

Hope I luck out with a cherry of a chip since extensive condensation proofing will make it a pain in the rear to swap out chips.

__TRONIK__ said:
I have a 2400+ mobile on the way. Gonna be running it w/ a custom prommy direct die I am building.

may have to test it out with my current WC setup to see what it can do under h2o first. It's not necessarily the best indicator of what will happen when I plunge below ambient though, but if it can at least match the barton in my sig then I should be good to go. I love the chip in my sig, but GD amd had to go and lock the sucker so assuming my fsb is maxed any amount of cooling isn't going to nudge it any higher. I expect temps in single digits and maybe a couple degrees below 0c.

Hope I luck out with a cherry of a chip since extensive condensation proofing will make it a pain in the rear to swap out chips.

I have a feeling you're going to get warned or banned. Copying/pasting the same response in multiple (OLD) mobile barton threads is unnecessary.

Sorry, I do not mean to annoy or spam, I posted to multiple threads information that the different people following them may have found relevant. Each answered some question in the discussion and/or gave a heads up to those who were looking for more guinea pigs on the burgeoning subject of mobile bartons. in retrospect it was probably not the best decision, but it was truely in good faith that I did so. I am not trying to hit 100 posts or anything, already done so the hard way.
I personally find it annoying to participate in a thread only to find that an answer or an example was present in another I was unaware of, and that was what was in my head. Yes I posted to several different threads, and there was bound to be some overlap in readership, but they were all concerning the same subject, not two dozen, and I was merely trying to reach the small group who would care, without realizing that I would be annoying the larger group that did not. There were several people who posted in the majority of the threads, often with the same information, so it must be the fact that all the posts occurred at the same time that annoyed you. That I can and doi understand.
I can't really see how it makes any difference how old a thread is, though, for it is not as if the subject is obsolete. Just perhaps a little overenthusiastically promoted.
As someone who has been scouring the web for information on the subject, I thought it behooved me make the information available to those who were seeking it. Perhaps I just should have PM'd certain parties. Making multiple posts on the same suject is not something I am in the habit of, I only did so because of said dearth of information on the subject as well as to correct some of the misunderstandings that seem to surround it. I have taken a great interest in any results offered by any who have interest in this route, and I only meant to share my prospective results with those people like myself.
If the mods take a different view on this then I'd be happy to conform and edit or delete the few posts that were similar. All respect to you being annoyed, it was not my intention to do so. It must be the fact that it pushed the subject to the forefront of the AMD page, but as it is the middle of the afternoon, normal traffic should allow natural selection to push them out of sight, and hopefully my error will be quickly forgotten. It is your opinion that I should not do so again, and I will heed that advice. I do not regret resurrecting the topic, only allowing it to dominate the first few subjects on the AMD board. For that, my similar system'd friend, I am sorry. I hope that is ok. I will try and delete as many posts as I am allowed unless it has the same effect of pushing the thread to the forefront again.

I have to say though, it is not as though each post was identical - each one was different - and did include a bit of pasting, but why should I have to think of different ways of imparting the same information? I still understand where you are coming from, I imagine you would have been ****ed even if I rewrote each post in its entirety, as it was obviously the appearance of several similar topics appearing in unison on the front page, but I do not think an overexuberance of sharing should rise to the level of bannination. call it a simple mistake.

Last edited:
Back