• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any have to run multiple pumps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boosted

Registered
I just got all the parts fitted togeather and installed.

H30 Pump
chevette HC
Dual 120's
rubbermaid fan shrouds
swiftech block
very large resivoir 5 liters
20% anti freeze

and this thing has slowly climbed to 95+ degrees!

So question is, will a second H30 help get this to be a benifit. and not just an expensive decoration?

I should also add, that the volcano 10 with the 80 mm conversion and ducting elbow does not go above 103.... so, right now, this is looking like a huge waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Do you mean a hydor L30? It doesn't look like your setup is highly restrictive. 95F is very cool. What is your system specs? Ambient temp?

Soja said:
Do you mean a hydor L30? It doesn't look like your setup is highly restrictive. 95F is very cool. What is your system specs? Ambient temp?
yes the hydor L30
If spending 150+ will only drop 7 deg, then this was a huge waste of time/money

No offense to you directly, that is just how I am seeing this right now...

edit 1, is there anything that I can do to get better results? I am just not impressed by these at all...

edit 2,
the temps are mid 70's ambiant.
MB asus a78nx-dx
ath 3000 /400
matrix case, 5 80 mil fans 3 in, 2 out

A 7c (?) drop is quite large. It may be a waste of time and money if you were only looking for a temp drop? Are you overclocking? Pushing out a couple extra hundred mhz's at high voltages you're previous cooling could not handle can be impressive ;)

umm that has has to be 95+ f and not c. Also we have no idea what sort of clocking and voltage your useing. your being a bit vauge here, so it's hard to point you towards any help. sorry

I agree with Soja. Another benefit of going watercooling would be the (probably) lower noise output. You seem like you were getting low temps before with an air-cooled setup. I bet it was pretty loud. Isn't your PC significantly more quiet now? Isn't that worth some time/money?

Probably the biggest benefit to me with overclocking isn't the temperature at stock speeds - that's going to stay fairly close between air and water because you can only get so close to the ambient temperature (without phase change, etc.). The biggest benefit you see is when you're pushing the voltage. That's when a watercooling system will go up maybe 10C, but an air cooler wouldn't be able to handle it at all.

ok...
I have not started OC'ing at all yet.

And no, the system is really no quiter then it was with the all air setup.
And yes those temps are in F.
And being recorded from the BIOS temp sender.

I am mainly disapointed because my other system that I used an automotive fuel pump for gave a steady 10-12* cooler. It ran in the 84-86* range no mater how hard a load I ran.
3 benchmark test tests B2B and it peaked at 86.4...
I quess it did so much better cause it overcame any and all flow restrictions to give a constant PSI(which I can only imagine is much higher then this hydor gives). Too bad the damn thing shorted out...

I really need to test theat thing to make sure it's toast, and if it's still good, time for another tank to be built, since it's a in tank type pump...

Korndog said:
lol! automotive fuel pumps have higher flow/pressure obviously it will preform a lot better
if the auto pumps are so much better, why are they not used more often? they will ever power off the standard computer power plug, so no relays are needed...

I think fuel pumps have a higher failure rate or something...I can't quite recall. Someone else know about that? I'm interested too.

First, you cant compare temps between 2 different systems, even if all the parts are identical. How are you reading your temps for the A7N8X? In the bios? Have you installed MBM5? MBM5 will give you an on-die reading of the CPU. I would install it and then run Prime 95 or Toast or CPU burn to see some load temps. Adding another pump will do little to help, and 95F are pretty low as it is. Once you get up to about 50C is when I would think something needs to be investigated.

Back