• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to build a 2nd computer. How's the DFI Lanparty 875 Board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, this computer is going to be all show. I don't care if it won't OC over 220 on the 3:2 divider or anything. I just want to be able to play tomorrow's games on it, ie. HL2. I've got the video card, sound card and all the other junk picked out.

I just want to know if the DFI LanParty PRO875B board is any good, as far as stability. Have people been having crash parties with this board? Is the BIOS stupid? What kinds of things is it missing?

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know :D

T.I.A.

301FSB @ 5:4, 2.4C @ 3.66Ghz (SLK-947U w/Enermax 92mm adjustable)

Buffalo PC4300 Hynix chips

the only thing I can see that it is missing is the high vdimm voltages, but it does go to 2.9v, which the I875A LP board only did 2.7v. 2channel SATA + PATA RAID makes it extra nice. I have a Raptor SATA as my main drive in the machine right now.

THE ONLY problem I have encountered with this board is that it wont do more than 245FSB with my Buffalo PC4300...which leads me to believe (and ive not tested fully yet) that my RAM isn't liking it much, as my Buffalo PC3200 CH-5's can do 240FSB 1:1 easily, and my PC3200 XMS can do 230 1:1. I've seen many many users hit 260+ 1:1 on this board (and hte Infinity I865PE/LanParty I865PE). As high as 292FSB 1:1.

remember, I work for DFI, so my opinions could be biased even though I try not to be =)

one great thing about this board is the support you will get with it. I watch these forums, and mainly here:
http://forums.amdmb.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=66&x=11&y=13

Travis

Back