• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Motherboard choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnie

Registered
1.Asus P4P800 Deluxe

2.Abit IC7

3.Gigabyte GA-8IK1100

As far as I can tell the only difference is the Asus has a 865PE chipset and the Gigabyte/Abit board both have 875P chipsets. Whats the difference in the two chipsets? Which one is better? According to people on this forum I have heard very good things about the Abit and Asus board. I havent heard anything about the Gigabyte board other than the reviews that people are leaving for it on newegg which happen to be pretty good.

At first i was going to go with the 2.6c but after reading some post i think im going to go with the 2.4c.

I haven't really decided or have a clue about the memory I'm going to purchase yet. I don't know much at all on this topic so if someone could throw a few suggestions at me I would be very greatful.

As for the video card I'm thinking of going with the ATI 9600xt if I have enough money for it...

And finally I would like to know whats a good amount of power to have for my setup.

If you have any suggestions to any part of my setup please let me know.

Thankss

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!!

ok personally i'd go the the asus or the abit and leave the gigabyte alone.... the chipset difference is a slightly better performance from the 875 chipset...imo i'd get a board like mine with a little more money.

As far as a psu goes go for a recommended name brand like maybe antec and as far as power is concerned depends what your gonna be doing ....gaming and overclocking etc i'd go for somthing above the 400w mark also gives you the option to expand to higher performance hardware:D i assume with your choice of cpu you will be overclocking so get some ram that will handle the extra mhz but also run on tight timings e.g kingston, geil, mushkin, ocz best advice given to me on these forums was to read the appropriate sections:rolleyes: ...take your time and good luck:D

Thanks for the advice ...

I'm thinking of going with the P4P. Alot of board members seem to have them and have nothing but great things to say.

hav u heard of the ASUS p4p8x? its pretty much the same price and it has DUAL channel DDR, SATA and its better so check it out..

i have it! :) runs GREAT!

Would you say that board is better than the P4P800 Deluxe. It's alot less.

p4p8x - do not get it - does not have PCI/AGP lock and it not very stable! - or @ least for me it was not above 153FSB.

my p4p800 regular is great!

Check out the Epox 4PCA3+, I love mine. It's got all the voltage options you'd ever want. It's also got every feature you'd need.

Back