• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help...it restart by it self

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makos_pamin

Registered
Mayday Mayday …problem :eek:))) please help me..
I have : asus P4C800-E DELUXE, pentioum4C 2,6 ,2xKingston(400MHz,256MB) KVR400X64C3A/256 for dual channel, asus V9520 FX 5200 MAGIC (128MB) , 350W, maxtor 6Y120MO (120GB S-ATA), TOSHIBA DVD SD-M1712, intracom NETMOD for ISDN, XP professional(SP1,I.E.updated).
Now.. my problem is that it restart by it self,one..two..three times,when XP environment loads.
What I did now.. I changed places to memory modules-nothing has changed, I placed only one module-changing places-nothing has changed, I placed an other module (Samsung 256MB-DDR-PC2100,CL2,5)- nothing has changed.
I update the bios to the latest version-nothing has changed, I tried the latest drivers for the chipset,sound,ide,raid,lan-nothing has changed.
My question is what should I do now?? Throw it away?? Unfortunately I paid to many..
I think the only thing it left to check now is motherboard-power-vga.

CAN IT BE A VIRUS???
( I have 2 partitions-the first for XP and programs-and the second for everything else. Programs that I use now:Norton2004, office2000, ad-ware6, anti-trojan5,5 ,winamp5, interVideo winDVD4 , interVideo DVDcopy1,1 ,winRAR3,20 ,adobe reader6, dBrower AMP music converter,
Icc-win32 for programming in C.
And something else.. in the past I had norton2003 professional(cracked) and Norton firewall2003(cracked also). I tried once to download a file and I turned off the firewall…it was the time that the famous blaster appears. I hardly update Norton after that. Then..I scaned my system with the right way(system recall-off, safe mode, I also tried to find blaster changes to the registry that Symantec says but I couldn’t find anything) and blaster and blaster-C were removed. But.. on my next connection to the net I had an other visitor..blaster-F which I couldn’t remove. I download the Symantec tool but first I should install a Microsoft patch which I couldn’t install it no matter what. I run the tool but it couldn’t find anything. I formatted only the first partition(with XP) and reinstall XP.( I took the image of the first partition to the second with ghost2003 to have my mind in peace)) -nothing has changed.

Please help me. Any help it will be usefull cause all that make bad to my nervous system :eek:)) . Thank u for your patience.

Last edited:
[QOUTE]And something else and I will close.. my motherboard has stepless frequency selection from 100MHz to 400MHz at 1MHz increments which it doesn’t works, I can’t change the FSB frequency from the bios, the only thing I can do is to change the performance to 5%,10%.20% and 30%. Is it to anybody like that-with this MB?? or to my MB only?????[/QOUTE]

I thought the same thing, and was going a little stressed trying to figure out how to OC this MB. After you hit the place where it says OC 5% etc, there is a spot that says manual. Place it on that, now, go back to where the settings show the clock at 200, I beleive it says and then use the Plus and Minus keys to raise and lower your clock speed. It woulda helped if we both had read the manual, but I set mine down somewhere.........:)

Back