• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simpletech pc3200 ram any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Performance depends almost entirely on what memory chips come with the product.

I know SimpleTech has used a variety of chips, but am not sure which exactly. They simply use whatever they can outsource cheapest 5ns chips while being able to pass their standard stability tests. Chips are probably either PowerChip, Infineon, Sanyo, Elpida, Micron or possibly something else. They don't use Winbond chips, and I don't think they use Hynix either.

I have a matched pair of 512MB PC3200 SimpleTech DDR's in my DFI Pro 875B motherboard and am running my FSB at 230MHz. No errors after 24 hours of memtest86 and a few days of Prime95.

I have had the CPU running at 250 and the ram divided back down to 200 with no problems, but I get faster results with 250 at 1:1.

As others said, SimpleTech slaps on the cheapest chips it can get it's hands on, so results are bound to vary widely.

i bought a stick of their pc4000 nitro. and its the fastest stick by far i ever owned (310 mhz). i bought another hoping that i would get another like that. i didnt ,however it ran to 290 which is still real good for pc4000. of course this is their high end memory and not the reg pc3200.

Back