• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cut 12v aux plug in old mod, now need it back. pls read!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twump

ok guys here is the deal. I just received my nf7-s mobo to replace my old kx7-333r. on the kx7 i didn't need the 12v aux so i trimmed it off and capped the wires. now after getting the nf7 and looking at it, it looks like i really need that plug back. i would just reattach the wires but when i did this mod i trimmed every wire i didn't need so there are a bunch of capped wires coming out of my psu now and i don't know which ones are for the aux. i do have access to a multimeter, if there is a chance i could find the wires by looking for a certain voltage or something.

is there an adapter that runs off a standard molex plug or am i stuck trying to repair/replace my psu.

this sucks. i just dumped $200 into this mobo and a new cpu and don't have the cash for a new psu too.

now onto my psu specs.

its a raidmax 500 watt atx psu.
black w/ dual temp controlled fans.
here is a link to svc's page on it, though it doesn't give much info on it. raidmax's website gives no info whatsoever about their products.
http://www.svc.com/raid500watal.html

someone please help me. tell me what to do.

Why put effort into unnecessary mods in the first place?

If it's not meant to make it better, it's not a mod.

If it just makes it prettier, it's not a mod; it's decorating.

yes all it is , is just 2 yellow 12 volt wires
and 2 black ground wires.
i did the same thing and had to solder my plug back on
no biggie

zip22 said:
yeah, make yourself something like this (cause right now they're out)

i trimmed the wires because there are simply to many wires running through my case. i have alot of hardware requiring plugs. i needed to rid myself of any uneeded wires because at one point in time i was going to customize all the power wires to make them the exact length they need to reach each device without being seen and without leaving unsightly slack.

unfortunately i never got around to rerouting all the wires because i'm waiting til i can afford a different case.

i found the old plug, i'm gonna try to reattach it tomorrow. i'll post back with my results.

I also cut off my aux. plug for this Soltek doesn't need it.
I'm quite surprised the NF7-S requires that connector.
That's a new one on me.

edit: ....................

Oh ... I see now.
You meant the P4 connector.
The 12v aux is for server boards if I'm not mistaken.

This Soltek also uses the 4pin 12v P4.
Anyway ... glad you got it working. :)

Back