• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PN 03 - anyone seen this beauty for the 'Cube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

I just bought Viewtiful Joe and on the disc there is a preview vid for this game called P.N. 03. The action sequences looked so awesome that I'm considering buying this game really soon, and was wondering if anyone here has it.

Here's the main character, Vanessa Z Schneider, click here for a couple vids from Capcom's Japan site and here for two vids from the US site.

16.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but her in-game motions don't seem terribly fluid. Like, the switch from stances is just too quick, and it makes it look choppy.

It still looks cool, however, and I'll definately rent it now, but idk if I'd rush right out to the nearest retailer and break down the door to get it, y'know?

fuzzba11 said:
Ah of course! MDK ownz0rz.

It doesn't look amazing but damn that ***-shakeage sure does!

W/ any luck, they'll have put just as much time into making the story and game good, as they did designing her gyrating hips (I could, quite literally, watch that all day).

I've only seen mediocre reviews of this game. It doesn't sound like THAT good of a game to me, but it's definately a rent-worthy one. ;)

Sounds like a:
Oni (the game) meets MDK meets DoA: Beach Volleyball

I like the graphics, but the gameplay looks like crap. It looks to be completely autoaim, all shots hit target (as long as there are no obsticles in the way), infinite ammo (by the looks of it), and the person playing in the previews is one of the "stand still and shoot" people..

su root said:
Sounds like a:
Oni (the game) meets MDK meets DoA: Beach Volleyball

I was thinking DoA: Beach Volleyball and Rez.

I've only heard mediocre reviews of this. Like about the horrible controls.. and stuff...

I tracked down a few reviews myself. One from www.insertcredit.com and one from www.ntsc-uk.com

While both agreed that the gameplay was on the surface simplistic, they also heavily compaired it to arcade shooters, and I think they're right. Enter a room and kill everything as quick and as stylishly as possible, get your points, and on to the next room (w/ like a 2 second loadtime inbetween rooms). As for simplistic design, I was reading on the American website that they designed it like that for a reason. A stark contrast to what's already out there kinda thing, y'know?

They also both agreed that the controls took some time to get used to, which is why most of the other reviews pro'lly said that they sucked. And there's a rythem to the game, and if you can match your killing w/ that rythem, you can win kinda thing.

I'm even more intrigued now. I think I'll take back Animal Crossing and see if my local Blockbuster has a copy of this game.

i played it at afriends house and i thought it was ok, however i wouldn't buy it becaise it is like an arcade shooter, if drop some money on it at an arcade but not come back everyday and play for hours. Plus, she doesnt look near that good in game.

threadresurrection.gif

I walked into EBGames yesterday, and it called to me from the shelf . . . 'Buy me!' it said, 'I R Teh Secksi!' So I picked it up.

In all honesty, it's not terrible. It's not amazing, but certainly not terrible. The controls feel a bit loose, but the graphics are very nice, and the buy system and combo systems are really cool, and add a speed element. Executing a 7-hit combo can be the difference between that new Ageis suit or not at the end of the level.

It does get kinda repetitive, however. The bosses are pretty easy to beat, too, and can usually be taken out w/ a single special move or two.

The music is great, however. My friend started it on the easy level, and said jokingly that on the harder level, the music is pro'lly like, Japanese Shock Techno or something :p

I could also watch her hips move all day. I wanna find the motion capture actress and make sweet, sweet love to her all day long :drool:

Oni said:
threadresurrection.gif

I walked into EBGames yesterday, and it called to me from the shelf . . . 'Buy me!' it said, 'I R Teh Secksi!' So I picked it up.

In all honesty, it's not terrible. It's not amazing, but certainly not terrible. The controls feel a bit loose, but the graphics are very nice, and the buy system and combo systems are really cool, and add a speed element. Executing a 7-hit combo can be the difference between that new Ageis suit or not at the end of the level.

It does get kinda repetitive, however. The bosses are pretty easy to beat, too, and can usually be taken out w/ a single special move or two.

The music is great, however. My friend started it on the easy level, and said jokingly that on the harder level, the music is pro'lly like, Japanese Shock Techno or something :p

I could also watch her hips move all day. I wanna find the motion capture actress and make sweet, sweet love to her all day long :drool:

Mmmm, yeah I was drawn to that ***-shakeage, I will probably just rent the game if I ever get my *** subscribed to a rental service. Or if I even beat Knights of the Old Republic, its looking to be one lonnnngggg game!

Back