• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ fsb locked multiplier unlocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

so yah i have a 2600+ running 16x133(bc i have old ram and am waiting for prices to go down for 3200) and for some reasom whenever i try to up the fsb on my a7v8x-x board it reads the speed i put it at in the bios but wont do anything else outside of bios. im only running a 350 watt psu with 2x80 gig drives as of now and the rest of my setup. could it have anything to do with the ram other psu? anything anyone ? this is just irritating me now D:

My best guess will be the ram is holding you back. Does it do this even if you try and select say 135 fsb? Use a program like CPU-Z or WCPUID to see what speed you are running at.

yes it does, and i have cpu z and its not showing me anything i dont know. it says the fsb is at 133.3 and the bus is 233.7 or something queer like that. idk why but your prolly right about the ram. i just know i had it oced on my other dfi board with my 1.4 tbird.

Back