• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega 2.5.04 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

Has anybody tried these drivers for the new 3.10 ATI release? I just tried them the soft mod appeared to work on the card I just got back from Excaliberpc, but when I go to run 3dmark03, my monitor shuts down. Same thing happens if I try to play DC, the game loads, then the monitor shuts down.
I ran the card through 3dmark03 before the softmod and scored 2895, with no porblems so I know the card is good. I am suspecting a driver problem.

i run omega drivers and havent had any trouble yet, however this is my first ATi card so i cant be very helpful :(
i have had no issues with the drivers so far though

I just switched back to the cat drivers and all is working fine. I'll wait for some more posts and try to sort it out in the morning. I have been without a decent video card since october. It's time for some DC! YEAH BABY!

hm,on my secondary rig,i had the same problem,it wont run benchmarks,or direkt 3 d games,i turned agp down from 4x to 1x,now it works fine....

Cuda said:
Has anybody tried these drivers for the new 3.10 ATI release? I just tried them the soft mod appeared to work on the card I just got back from Excaliberpc, but when I go to run 3dmark03, my monitor shuts down. Same thing happens if I try to play DC, the game loads, then the monitor shuts down.
I ran the card through 3dmark03 before the softmod and scored 2895, with no porblems so I know the card is good. I am suspecting a driver problem.

that score seems awefully low for a 9700 (after softmod) but seems pretty close to what you'd get if it was run on a non-softmoded card. 9700 should get around 4500-5000 in 2k3

i've been using these drivers since they were released, havent had any probs with CS or DC , havent bothered with any benchmarks though ;)

Re: Re: Omega 2.5.04 drivers

The Coolest said:

that score seems awefully low for a 9700 (after softmod) but seems pretty close to what you'd get if it was run on a non-softmoded card. 9700 should get around 4500-5000 in 2k3

I ran the 3dmark03 before I soft-modded it. That is where the score came from. When I tried to run it after the soft-mod, the first test loads, then the monitor goes black.

The first time I just installed over the old ones, after removing the cp of course. But since then I have removed all drivers and tried the 2.4.96 version as well as the 2.5 version. The same thing happens. Even if I try to play DC, as soon as a map loads, I get a black screen. The monitor actually shows the "monitor shutting down" screen just like it does if the machine is powered down or goes into hibernation. It has to 3d related somehow, I can browse the web and things like that after the soft-mod, but if I try to run any 3d apps, down she goes.

Update:

I have now re-installed the omega softmod 2.5.04 drivers. I have also disabled VPU recover. I still get the black screen but then a crazy mess shows up. I also get the following error message now:

"Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown.
Microsoft Windows detected a possible device failure.

The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please check with the device manufacturer for a driver update.
The display driver for RADEON 9500 (Omege 2.5.04) seems to be responsible for the system instability."

Of course the "unexpected shutdown" was me, pressing the reset button.

Well, is it possible that this card just won't softmod?

I really dont see why everyone uses these omega drivers...

If your only using the omegas for the softmod do yourself a favor and get riva tuner. With riva tuner you can add the softmod to the official ati drivers...or any driver for that matter.

Update:

I have now re-installed the omega softmod 2.5.04 drivers. I have also disabled VPU recover. I still get the black screen but then a crazy mess shows up. I also get the following error message now:

"Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown.
Microsoft Windows detected a possible device failure.

The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please check with the device manufacturer for a driver update.
The display driver for RADEON 9500 (Omege 2.5.04) seems to be responsible for the system instability."

Of course the "unexpected shutdown" was me, pressing the reset button.

Well, is it possible that this card just won't softmod?

cuda, i have had the same error message when i used cat 3.10 (both ati and omega) on my 9800pro (not overclocked).

but my prob was a bit different with yours. here's the thread if you have time to look at it http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2400102#post2400102

anyway, since i went back to omega 3.7 i've been able to increase my cpu fsb (running 218x11 now, havent try more )

hope this helps you somehow

Thanks for the link bythegods. Unfortunately, I have already tried everything there. Here is the current situation:

Drivers tried:
ATI 3.10.......no problems
Omega 3.10 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start
Omega 3.9 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start
Omega 3.8 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start
Omega 3.7 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start

Fast writes disabled and enabled for all drivers, no change.
VPU recover enabled bsod with softmod drivers.
VPU disabled no bsod, but definately a problem. I get something that looks like the same small piece of video written several hundred times on the screen and the error message mentioned above on reboot.
Used Cat uninstaller then hunted down all references to ATI and deleted them.
Went into the registry and removed all ATI references. (got a little click happy there and wiped out all my basic video drivers too, now I can't install any drivers for the card, windows disabled it, so now I have to hunt down my XP disk and repair it.
I also tried the patched ati2mtag file coltice refered to above. Same results.
I turned down the overclock to 11*200, used a different molex connector, and upped agp voltage to 1.8, and 2 volts.
I also upped Vcore to 1.825.
I tried with and without hyper and heir and even lowered the agp to 4x. I also tried AGP aperture at 64, 128, and 256.
I also redownloaded and reinstalled directx9.0b and ran dxdiag. A funny thing there: dxdiag finds no errors, direct draw works perfectly, but during the direct3d tests, the spinning cube looks like it's spinning at mach one and appears wobbly. This obviously leads me to believe that it must have something to do with direct3d.
Keep in mind, the card works great when not modded, even in 3d apps, but this problem has me intrigued.

I am running out of ideas here, and I am also starting to think that it's the card. I have never heard of a card soft modding and looking great in 2d but then having this problem in 3d. I am giong to work on it the rest of the day, and if I can't resolve it, I'll go back to the standard 3.10 drivers and be happy. After all, I got exactly what I paid for :)

i'm not sure if this helps at all, but wont hurt to give it a try.
which direct-x version you're using??
i use 9.0b myself (latest), maybe you should try to update it or roll it back just to try cause your prob looks like its direct3d related

ColtIce said:
have you made sure it is not shareing an IRQ with anything else?i think that box in dxdiag looks like that is because vsync is disabled.

Where do you enable/disable vsync?

Cuda said:
Drivers tried:
ATI 3.10.......no problems
Omega 3.10 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start
Omega 3.9 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start
Omega 3.8 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start
Omega 3.7 softmod.......bsod when 3d apps start

Have you tried to use rivatuner to apply the softmod to the official ATI 3.10's?

Back