• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first overclock. Need a little help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Binow

My temps when looking in the bios are 26-27c for the cpu and about the same for the case as I have the side panel off. My current computer stats are:
Processor
Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Speed : 2.53GHz
Performance Rating : PR2786 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous ATC (8-way sectored, 64 byte line size)

Mainboard
Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
MP APIC : Yes
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG
Mainboard : i845GEV/PEV-W83627
Total Memory : 1023MB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Intel Corporation 82845PE Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (B0-step)
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

Video System
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE

One stick of memory is 2100 and the other is 2700. I know this isn't going to be a huge overclock I'd just like to play around with it until I order the new system. Here is the info in my bios:
Default CPU Voltage 1.525
Cpu Voltage 1.550
Speed Spectrum Enable
Cpu Host Frequency (MHz) 150
Fixed AGP/PCI Output Freq (Disable)
CPU:AGP Clock Ratio (Auto)
AGP/PCI Frequency 75/37
DDR:CPU Ratio (Auto)
DDR Speed (strobe/sec) 300m
AGP Voltage 1.5
DDR Voltage 2.5

Anything stand out there that would maybe let me get a little more out of it. It was 133 CPU Frequency as default. I booted to 3.02Ghz but then tried to up it and locked the computer up not even getting to post or anything. I also got the blue screen a few times saying that it haulted the load so that the computer wasnt damaged and another error that acted like the OS was corrupt. This is all being done on a fresh install of XP. Thanks in advance.

Can one of the mods delete this? I posted it in the wrong section and already posted the same thing in the cpu section. Thanks.

Back