• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats better, Spir@l Waterblock or TC-4 Rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZightZar

Both being for a p4 socket 478, the Spir@l for $46.99, and the TC-4 Rev 2 for $46.99, both from dtek

yeah, i know the white water better than both, but its outta my price range :/

isn't the WW just about 8 bucks more?
anyways, the TC-4 has more surface area then the spir@l, people also seem to get better results with the tc-4

ZightZar said:
And also, whats better, SuperCool, Water Wetter, or Purple Ice??

err.. water wetter is better out of those bunch
but personally i think Waterwetter stinks.., no no, really it smells horrible.
if u can get ur hands on some coolant (preferibly zerex) and use half of that and half water (25% concentration) it would be not as smelly, if u have some for ur car anyways, heck its almost a freebi.
or if u have a grudge on someone, u can syphon the coolant out of his car, whatever floats ur boat :)

;) i know just the person i'd like to syphon their antifreeze outta thier car... but if i put some antifreeze in there would i even need water wetter at all, or is a must have item? and yeah, i'd like to work that extra $11.00 into my order, but it just can't happen (throughs off the discounts and stuff...)

and would it just be plain horribly bad to use plain distilled water? seeing as how my wc isnt going to be anywhere near 'good', do i actually even need waterwetter and antifreeze?

ZightZar said:
and would it just be plain horribly bad to use plain distilled water? seeing as how my wc isnt going to be anywhere near 'good', do i actually even need waterwetter and antifreeze?

Yes, unless you want corrosion and other icky stuff in your system. And about that discount, I'd worry about even getting it in the first place. There's a good chance they'll cancel the order.

And also, I think it's a much better idea to go with the WW. The performance to price ratio is much better with the WW.

ZightZar said:

coolant/antifreeze prevents (more like doesn't allow) corrosion, thats the most popular reason watercooler people use it. cars use it because it doesn't freeze @ 0 and it doesn't allow things to grow in ur the water like alege. you don't want that stuff in ur cooling, and most of all u don't want corrosion which can cause damage to ur water cooling gear as well as ur computer from leaks (yes it'll eat its way out of the block).

wheres the kit at? see im on a tight budget, and im still looking into a few things b4 my deposit is proccessed so i can order....

http://www.aquastealth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9
you'll have to get clamps and stuff as well
three metal res. rock

//edit
make sure u change the fan to panaflo (u'll thank me later :)) and change the pump to maxijet pump. everything eles is fine. it'll come out to 136, and with about 14 bucks at the hardware store, or from the aquastealth site, u can get the clamps and stuff. it'll come out to ruffly 150, complete :)

Korndog said:
http://www.aquastealth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9
you'll have to get clamps and stuff as well
three metal res. rock

//edit
make sure u change the fan to panaflo (u'll thank me later :)) and change the pump to maxijet pump. everything eles is fine. it'll come out to 136, and with about 14 bucks at the hardware store, or from the aquastealth site, u can get the clamps and stuff. it'll come out to ruffly 150, complete :)

Three metal res? I'm not familiar with it, but it certainly sounds like a recipe for corrosion!

oops, typo
i mean, the meltal res rocks
as long as u have a corrosion inhibiter, u'll be fine even with a fat aluminum block in ur system.

We'll see if he gets the kit for that price on monday. d-tek ships REALLY fast. You order the kit, and less than 24 hours later, it's been shipped. :D

Cooltechnica is even slower. They ship on the 2nd business day after you place the order. No other complaints though and to be fair the website does say it will take 2 days to ship.

gungeek said:
Cooltechnica is even slower. They ship on the 2nd business day after you place the order. No other complaints though and to be fair the website does say it will take 2 days to ship.

Cooltechnica isn't all that slow really. Usually I get my order within 3 days with normal UPS ground. I'v been really happy with them. I think they could supply more water block options though but then again it's hard to please everyone. Especially my picky self.

Back