• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What DVD burner you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

Well I bought one the other day for 170 bucks.
Yes 170 bucks. Nice when you buddy woks for a hardware place.
I must say “nice!” One thing is thanks to my friend the DVD X copy gold rocks. Burning DVD like crazy, is there better software for burning DVD movies?

In addition, what DVD burner do you have?
:sn: :attn: :burn: :burn:

ZGOZZ said:
Well I bought one the other day for 170 bucks.
Yes 170 bucks. Nice when you buddy woks for a hardware place.
I must say “nice!” One thing is thanks to my friend the DVD X copy gold rocks. Burning DVD like crazy, is there better software for burning DVD movies?

In addition, what DVD burner do you have?
:sn: :attn: :burn: :burn:

what burner did you pay $170 for? depending on the brand, you may have gotten raped.

Re: Re: What DVD burner you have?

polarys425 said:

what burner did you pay $170 for? depending on the brand, you may have gotten raped.
TDK 840g
8X DVD +\- DVDRW CDRW.

wired14 said:
is there any way to copy small dvd's taken with a digital video camera to a computer with no dvd drive?
No you need a dvd rom drive to read DVD, I do not know of anyother way to.
You at lest should have a dvd CDrom drive. New software and games are converting over to this format.

i will then just copy them to my other computer with a dvd rom , then transfer them to this computer thru the network, but since this is the movie computer with lots of gigabytes with movies i'd like to find a program that can change the dvd type to divx or something similar.

NEC 1300a 4x +/-

was $100 at newegg.

works great, currently using dvd decryptor + dvd shrink for quick copies.

for the best quality, i use this process:

Image creation using DVD Decrypter
Demultiplexing in DoItFast4U
Re-encoding setup using ReAuthorist
Re-encoding in DoCCE4U
Re-authoring setup using ReAuthorist
Re-authoring using Scenarist
Final fix-ups using IfoUpdate
Burning using DVD Decrypter

Liteon 811s (8x DVD+R, 4xDVD-R writer), I paid 156 euro... Mixed feelings. Very positively suprised by writing quality, but current firmware and sw support leaves some to be desired... I hope it will improve in the near future.

Regards
FTC

I just got a TDK(Plextor) 840G too. I got it at Staples for $200-40MIR. The TDK is WELL worth the money. I love mine, and hope you love your's too!

ar47bl13 said:
I just got a TDK(Plextor) 840G too. I got it at Staples for $200-40MIR. The TDK is WELL worth the money. I love mine, and hope you love your's too!
It rocks.

yeah, TDK are rebached plextor, so it's worth the money, but the optorite 8X are going at 140 max, i rather stick with the optorite, most burners perform the same except for some really crappy brand like mad dog. And the dude who bought the TDK at staple should have save an extra 30 bucks with the coupon, making it total at 130

warlock110 said:
yeah, TDK are rebached plextor, so it's worth the money, but the optorite 8X are going at 140 max, i rather stick with the optorite, most burners perform the same except for some really crappy brand like mad dog. And the dude who bought the TDK at staple should have save an extra 30 bucks with the coupon, making it total at 130
What is nice about this burner TDK 840g is the speed and the quilty of the burn.

seamadan000 said:
Plextor PX-708A. Works pretty well for me, but I am having some problems with its read rate: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=260139

so if you want to help me out, look at that thread. I got it for $160, which ain't too shabby for one of the best burners out there. I originally got the optorite 8x, but it produced coasters and artifacts on my DVDs.

Dang what happing?

I have a 4x dual format I/O Magic burner for 120 bucks. It was an ok a price but though it is cheap and is alright.
I also got a HP215i in another rig and it works good

Back