• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4C or 2.6C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hi there. I saw that the 2.4C and 2.6C are the same price on newegg. Which is the best one to get? Assuming the 2.6C has a will to overclock, then one would be able to bring it to the same FSB as the 2.4, correct? So...what are the chances of that happening, lol

(also, assuming i stick with my Corsair Twinx3200LL - how big of an improvement would i see going to one of those two proc's from my AMD 1700+ running at 200x11.5

If they both overclock to about the same final frequency, the 2.4 will get you there with a higher system/memory bus. This has a speed advantage, but it is also a complicating factor if RAM or board do not play along at that increased speed.
The 2.6C will have the lower bus speed, with the reverse aspects; (slightly) less speed, but potentially easier overclock, depending on your components. It also has 200Mhz more @ stock, should you decide sometime in the future that stock speed is fine after all. ;)

I would go for the 2.4 if ordering from Newegg or Zipzoomfly.com

Reason I say this is two fold, one they overclock about the same, and the second is you may get lucky and get a 2.4 SL6Z3 MO stepping chip.

I personally think 2.6C is better value for money but if your overclocking the 2.4C is probably the best Intel chip at the merment.

what on average?

What have people been getting on an M0 chip compared to one that isn't? How much of a decrease would you expect if you got a non M0 chip I mean.

i would LOVE to know too - seeing as i am trying to choose between the 2.4 and 2.6 right now, and want to know which is the best bet -- remember, i have 3200 Corsair, and i dont know how high it will go so was wondering if the higher multi of the 2.6 would be more beneficial...or what...sorry, ocing p4's isnt my thang, i've got only amd experience... my AMD board sure doesnt let me stress the ram, so i have no idea how high it will go, lol!

Back