• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does is take to get a Mobile 2400+ to work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octoman

With what appears to be the imminent demise of my 2100+ I am considering a Mobile 2400+ I noticed that it has a 133 fsb and this would leave me with a 14.5 multiplyer. Plenty of room to OC using the fsb only -> up to 166fsb. I have a MSI KT3 Ultra ARU that I have been OCing my 2100+ to 2700+ speeds. So I know that I can do 166fsb, but for now I would just like to get my machine running again. With the Mobile 2400+ looking like a good option, what would I need to get it running in my rig? Can I?

Any help would be appreciated.

Your official mobo's web site needs to list your mobo supporting Bartons.

You may not have it displayed as a Barton but as unknown CPU with xxxx MHz... but that's OK, you're overclocking it anyway.

My motherboard's web page doesn't show support of the barton, but others have posted that they have 2500+ running on their machines. As well, it says that it does not support 2700+ and I have an OCed 2100+ at 2700+ speed. So.. I think that my chances of getting a desktop Barton to run ar good, but what about a mobile Barton?

Any help is welcomed.

It should work, unless you have a OEM board like Dell (I know Dell lights candles infront of a shrine to Intel) or HP, that doesn't have any overclocking capabilities or refuses to boot if it (BIOS) doesn't identify the CPU (ala Dell). Voltage might be a problem but you can always set it manually in the bios.

Back