• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ARGH! Stupid monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n00bular

My monitor is fine, except its tooo damn dark!! I am fed up with this thing. I've been using it for around 4 years and I always had to adjust gamma settings, video card settings to make it work near "perfection."

The reason why I'm angry now is that I changed to ATi. Before, with nvidia cards, their drivers allowed me to switch among colors quickly.

For example, I had one color profile for desktop, and several others between games. Everytime I start a game, I change my color to be "perfect" for that game. When I'm done I switch back to my desktop color.

Now on my new ATi card, I've used the hotkey thing that ATi has given me. Heres the problem: I installed new drivers and now it doesnt want to work. I have done this for 3.7, 3.9, and omega 3.10's. It worked for cat 3.7's. Occasionally the hotkeys wouldn't work and I would have to reboot. Now, i'm just sick and tired of pressing the hotkeys. On the Omega's (which I'm using now) the hotkeys dont even work. Though the color settings work on several games, but not all.

Is there any way I can just make my monitor brighter? I do have monitor drivers installed. I just want it to work well... I hate having to bump up gamma to make my monitor brighter.

Kinda tough, all I can say is make sure youre contrast is all the way up and adjusting the brightness from there. Theres plent of nice cheap 17 inch flatscreen CRTs with awesome brightness controls.

Back