• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dependable case/psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
definitely NO a resounding NO

the psu in that case looks very cheap, even the brand and label looks very generic, do yourself a favor and either get a fortron 350w (or if u need a lot more power), get the fortron 530w, they are very in-expensive and are THE best bang for your buck, no other brnad can shell out that much power (not antec, enermax) for such a low, low price

definitley get a fortron/sparkle (same company, like toyota/acura) and u wont be dissapointed with the quality of one

I got a Aspire case a while ago, it came with a 420W PSU. It was pretty stable but didn't test it under a lot of load (and not for a long time also) since I already have a very good PSU. Anyway I think you should listen to dalilman and buy some good quality PSU

If you want a lot of power then you should go for Fortron. Their PSU are way underrated. Antec are known for the accuracy of their rating and for the fact that they have independent electronic circuitry for each voltage output (I guess this is what makes them a little more expensive).

Man, don't buy that case. You may like it now, but all of those cases with the plastic shiney front like that are horrible. Spend the extra 20 or 30 dollars on a lanboy or something high quality, you won't regret it

Say "no" to this case because:

1. It measures only 44Dx20Wx43H cm, and some mobos won't clear the CD/DVD with less than 48cm of depth.

2. It has an Aspire PSU rated for 350W, which is probably like an average 300W or a 250W Fortron/Sparkle.

3. It's $50, or only slightly less than a quality case/PSU. Even Fry's is currently offering a $60 Enermax case/350W PSU, and it does measure 48cm deep. It even has a stupid/pretty window.

Back